Cookies are small text information (files) sent by a web server and saved on the User’s side in the device’s memory (e.g. computer, laptop, smartphone, tablet, etc.). Cookies parameters allow reading the information contained in them only to the server that created them.
They are used to:
- adapting the content of the website to the User’s preferences and optimizing the use of websites; these files allow to recognize the website user’s device and properly display the website, tailored to their individual needs;
- creating statistics which help to understand how website Users use the website, which allows improving their structure and content;
- maintaining the website User’s session (after logging in), thanks to which the User does not have to re-enter the login and password on each subpage of the website;
There are two types of cookies which are commonly used – session and permanent. Session cookies are temporary files that remain on the user’s device until logging out of the website or turning off the browser. Permanent cookies remain in the memory of the user’s device for the time which is specified in their parameters or until they are manually deleted.
The following cookies are used on this website:
- strictly necessary cookies – cookies enabling the use of services available on the website, e.g. authentication cookies used for services requiring authentication within the website;
- cookies used to provide security, e.g. to detect abuses in the field of authentication within the website;
- performance cookies – cookies enabling the collection of information on how websites are being used;
- functionality cookies – cookies enabling “remembering” the settings which were selected by the User and personalizing the User’s interface, e.g. User’s selected language or the User’s region of origin, font size, the appearance of the website etc.;